In line with the instructions of the Bishops of England and Wales, and of our own Archbishop, the following will apply in our 3 Churches from March 20 until further notice:
- Mass The last public Mass for the present will be at St Paul’s 9.30 Friday March 20. After that the public celebration of Mass will cease. The obligation to attend is removed until further notice. Fr Andy and I will celebrate Mass in private for intentions notified in our online newsletter.
- Churches St Brigid’s Church will remain open from approx. 8.15am until dusk for prayer and reflection. At present it is not possible for our other two churches to be open.
- Public streaming Details will follow of sites where you can follow Mass online
- Baptisms are deferred until such time as public health advice that congregations may gather is received.
- Confessions may be heard on request with distancing requirements observed.
- First Confession and Communion and Confirmation These programmes and celebrations have been postponed until further notice.
- Marriages for this year have already been postponed.
- Funerals can only take place at the graveside or crematorium subject to the authorities’ guidelines. Arrangements may be made for a Memorial Mass at a later date.
The Bishops’ guidelines will be reviewed on 25 March.
- Communications Like everyone else, Fr Andy and I will be at base most of the time. We hope to maintain the newsletter in some form. If you or someone you know would like to receive it by email, let editor Luke know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out also my blog at blogspot.com
- Finance If you do not already do so, please consider supporting the ongoing work and life of your parish with a bank standing order. More details to follow.
The Lord is with us!
“Our help is in the name of the Lord who made heaven and earth” (Ps 124:8)