The Circle of Friends was set up in May 2007. Its purpose is to provide help and support to divorced, separated, widowed and single Catholics, and their friends.
Aims of the group
- To promote the spiritual well-being of those Catholics who are divorced, separated, widowed or single
- To reach out to those who are alone and provide support for one another in various and appropriate ways
- To encourage the social involvement of members in a variety of activities and provide the opportunity to meet people in similar circumstances
- To facilitate appropriate support outside the group for members
- To support various charities
The group meets in St Brigid’s Church Hall on the second Monday of the month at 8:15pm except in March, June, September and December when the meetings are held at the Three Arches Inn preceded by a meal at 7:00pm for those who wish. There is an infomal committee which includes a chairperson, treasurer, secretary and members.
A full calendar of social events is organised by members: these include a Book Club, Walking Group, Cinema Group and Pub Quiz Team.
Members pay a small annual subscription to cover expenses so that the group is self-financing.
Pastoral events are held about twice a year and usually include Mass and then a social activity. These events are advertised in the Newsletter of the Three Churches well in advance.
The group is under the pastoral guidance of Canon Matthew Jones, Parish Priest at Christ the King, St Brigid’s and St Paul’s in north Cardiff. If you would like to learn more about the Circle of Friends then please contact Sue Peat on 02920 762 358. We look forward to hearing from you.