We are delighted to announce that from 1 January 2019, a nursery will be opening in our parish school as part of an Early Years Unit. It will provide half day placements for 32 children, 16 in the morning and 16 in the afternoon.
Huge benefits to the whole school community will include:
* Enhancing early years education at the school, with continuity of provision reflecting the ethos and culture of the school.
* Early years provision within a faith-based setting for local families, and the support of strong and effective parental links from the earliest opportunity.
* Ease of transition for a nursery-aged child going into Reception
* The opportunity for children to attend nursery at the same site as their older siblings.
* Pupils will not miss out on the start of the foundation phase where trained staff are able to appropriately address their individual development and cultural needs.
One parent writes: “This would be an excellent addition to this wonderful school and would help with the transition for pupils starting Reception. It would help tremendously for continuity of education so that children at a very young age do not have to attend two different schools… long overdue.”
Children are entitled to a part time nursery place from the start of the term following their third birthday. Your child can start full time education in the September following their fourth birthday. Attendance at the Early Years Unit does not automatically entitle a child to a Reception place in the same school. If parents are offered a place for their child within the nursery, a new application must be made for entrance in to the Reception class of the school. So applications for admission to the Early Years Unit in January 2019 can now be made and forms are available from the School Office.
2019 is going to be an exciting year with the establishment of our Early Years Unit. We have a highly skilled and enthusiastic team of staff ready and waiting to begin the new year with our youngest pupils.
Mrs Sue Miles and Fr Matthew