Wednesday sees the beginning of November, month of the Holy Souls.
- Wednesday 1 November Feast of All Saints, Holyday of Obligation. Mass times inside and on back cover.
- Thursday 2 November Commemoration of the Faithful Departed (All Souls). Mass will be celebrated as usual on Thursdays, at 9.30am at Christ the King, and 7.30pm at St Brigid’s.
- Saturday 11 November 3 Churches Mass of Memories at Christ the King 10am. Our Bereavement Support Group invite you to come in memory of your loved ones. We remember especially those who have died since last November. Light refreshments to follow.
- Wednesdays 1, 15 & 29 November “A Time to Remember” at the Cathedral House. The Mostyn Room (former CTS) will be set aside as a quiet space for those who have experienced bereavement. Tea/coffee, a chance to talk, or just to be quiet, reflect, pray…
- Throughout November Remember that St Brigid’s and St Paul’s churches are always open each day. People pop in to pray or just for peace.
- Throughout November In each of our 3 Churches there will be a November Book of Remembrance. You are welcome to add the names of those who have been important to you. Regular Masses will be offered for those mentioned in these books.
We give them back to You, O Lord, who first gave them to us; Yet as You did not lose them in the giving, so we do not lose them by their return... For what is yours is ours also, if we belong to You. Love is undying, and life is unending, And the boundary of this mortal life is but a horizon, And the horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight. Lift us up, strong Son of God, that we may see further. (Bede Jarrett)